Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > CURRENT UPDATES FOR THE DS708!!
CURRENT UPDATES FOR THE DS708!!

2667 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2013-11-25 14:05:55

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-11-20 06:16:17
     If Autel is listening!! Why doesn't Autel offer a window of 10 days for everyone with a DS708 to update all of the new software updates for the vehicles that have one for free! I say this because there are a lot of people who did not get a chance to update their DS708 during the months of August or September. Autel did not offer not even one update for any vehicle line and then came October and now they have at least 15 car lines with updates and want $700 to update!! This was planned because every month since I bought my DS708 in August of 2012 there was always an update for at least 3 car lines. I think it would be a very good gesture on the behalf of Autel if they just allowed everyone to update for free so that they could get all of the current software and make a backup. After that if Autel would just charge fairly to update the DS708 I think most people would be at least pleased that Autel made an effort! I still think $700 for updates is too expensive. I think Autel needs to re-think what they are charging for fixing existing problems and to actually charge for software that is new and does work!!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Because

2013-11-21 17:56:44 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

I agree.  There are many tools out there that need to be updated.  I don't think free is necessary.  I think $150 is the magic number.  For $150 allow a serial numbered tool one week to download all of the newest updates.  It is up to the tool owner to back up and protect the download as once the week runs out too bad.  I think ALOT of tool users would go for this.  $700 is too much for a MaxiDas update.  The tool is not that good.

•   Level 5   
    (254) points
    De Technician

2013-11-25 14:05:55 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

i quite agree that 700$is too much FOR DS 708   autel have to be more considerate when it come to they customer  again i will hope that they up date toyota  from 1996  along with that i hope that code  will have the description so that we can see what is wrong not check dealer manual   we will wait wait for Reply from AUTEL   it like buying a new tool just 300$ more  and  you have a new tool  do  Autel want us to abandon ds 708 already i say 100$ for weeks update  
  Total1 Pages